To apply for an Iceland visa, there are some basic requirements you need to have and attain. Check out all the necessary information on how to enter the Iceland visa lottery.
Also, many false websites and agencies claim to issue applications for Iceland visas. See where to apply for the Iceland visa online to avoid losing money to these fake agencies.
Below is all you need to know about the Iceland visa application.
Iceland Visa Lottery
To travel to Iceland, which is a member of the Schengen area, you will need a Schengen visa. Schengen is the EU passport-free zone that encompasses the majority of European countries. These Schengen countries abolished their internal borders so that people can travel within the member countries unrestricted. It is the world’s largest free travel zone.
Members of the Schengen Area:
The Schengen Area consists of 26 countries. They include:
- Czech Republic
- Sweden and
A Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows an individual to travel to the member countries of the Schengen area. The Schengen visa allows the individual to stay up to 90 days. The Schengen area has no border control. Therefore, the Schengen visa holder can travel from one Schengen member country to another.
However, If you intend to stay in Iceland for more than 90 days to study, work, or live, you must apply for an Iceland visa. The Schengen visa only allows you to stay for 90 days.
How Much Does Iceland Visa Cost?
To apply for the Iceland visa lottery, the applicant must pay a fee to qualify for the process. Note that this fee is non-refundable, meaning that the applicant can’t get it back in case of any denial.
The Iceland visa fee depends on the type of visa and the age of the applicant. Below is the visa category.
- Children under the age of 6 – Free
- Children (6 – 12 years) – €40
- Adult – €80
- Nationals from Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Russia – €35
- Students and teachers on a school trip – Free
- Individuals traveling for official purposes with a diplomatic, official, or service passport – Free
- A relative of an EU/EEA national – Free
- Researchers traveling for scientific research – Free
Eligibility and Requirements
Iceland, among other Schengen states, has compiled a list of documents required. When you provide these documents, you are then qualified for the Schengen visa.
Below is a list of the required documents to apply for the Iceland visa lottery.
- A visa application form: The applicant must fill the form and sign it.
- A Valid passport: The passport should be no more than ten years old and valid for at least three months beyond the day you want to exit the Schengen area.
- The applicant must provide proof of the payment of the visa.
- Proof of accommodation: The applicant must provide a document showing where they will stay for 90 days.
- The applicant must provide two recently taken photos. These two photos must be taken within the previous three months.
- Proof of financial means: Applicants must show that they have enough money to sustain themselves during their stay period. They can provide one of the following:
- A bank statement no older than three months
- Sponsorship letter showing that someone will fully pay for their stay in Iceland. For this letter to be valid, it must contain the bank statement of their sponsor. Also, no older than three months.
- Or, a combination of both.
- Travel insurance policy: A document demonstrating that you have travel health insurance for the entire Schengen area, with a minimum coverage of €30,000 in case of medical emergencies such as sickness, accidents, or even death repatriation. Applicants can easily purchase their travel insurance policy online from AXA Schengen or Europ Assistance.
- Round trip reservation: The round trip reservation must contain dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area.
How to Apply for Iceland Visa Lottery
Follow the guideline below to apply for the Iceland visa lottery.
First and foremost, to apply for an Iceland visa lottery, you need to determine the type of visa you need. The purpose of your travel should be the determinant factor.
Then, choose a place to apply for the visa. You can choose to apply at the Iceland Embassy or one of their consulates. There are many other places to apply for it, but these two are the most popular places.
Lastly, download the application form and fill it with your personal information and other requested details in the form.
For a detailed guideline on how to apply for the Schengen visa, click here.
Countries Offering Visa Lottery
- Australia Visa Lottery 2021 & 2022: Free Visa Online Application
- Sweden Visa Lottery Online Application and Requirements 2021
- Schengen Visa Online Application 2021- Free Europe Stay
- Apply for Diversity Visa lottery 2021: Eligibility and Application
- Apply for Canada Visa Lottery 2021: All You Need to Know