Do you want to combine all your email accounts and calendar under one roof? Outlook.com is the best webmail service to use. Check out how you can sign in to the Outlook.com email below. Also, explore some of the perks of using the Outlook.com mail services.
Outlook.com looks like Google mail, but with a few differing perks. Below is a rundown of the webmail service.
Outlook.com is a web-based service provided by Microsoft. The service is also a free mail service. That is, it does not charge fees from users to use it. Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith launched the service as Hotmail in 1996. Then, in 1997, Microsoft acquired the service.
Over the years, the service has changed its name severally. From Hotmail, it was renamed MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail. Then in 2012, Microsoft relaunched the service as Outlook.com after phasing out Hotmail in 2011.
Further, Microsoft will switch all current Hotmail and Windows Live accounts to Outlook.com, but your e-mail address will remain the same.
The Outlook.com email service is also similar to other webmail services. It is similar to Google’s Gmail service but with a twist: a link to your Outlook data on your desktop. Microsoft has merged Hotmail and Windows Live into a single email service, with contacts support (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and a calendar.
Below are some of the features of Outlook.com
- Keyboard control: users can navigate without using the mouse.
- Outlook.com uses Ajax programming techniques and is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome higher versions.
- Integration of Office for the web and Skype
- Users can create aliases – a unique email account.
- Keyboard shortcuts for users with disabilities.
Other features include
- Spam filtering and virus scanning,
- Multiple addresses support
- Importing and exporting of contacts as CSV files,
- Rich text formatting and signatures
- Different language versions.
- Message filters
- Folder-based message organization
- Auto-completion of contact addresses when composing
- Contact grouping
Outlook.com Sign in
When you click on the signup button, an information page will appear. Then, enter your details on the page.
Next, create an email address and password.
Note: If you have a current Hotmail or Windows Live account, or a Messenger, SkyDrive, Windows Phone, or Xbox LIVE account, you can log in directly.
Create Outlook.com Premium Account
You can take your mail to a whole new level. Enjoy all the premium benefits and advanced features of Outlook when you upgrade to Microsoft 365.
When you upgrade to Outlook 365, you get to enjoy some flexibility on the service. They include:
- Advanced protection
- Premium support from OUtlook experts
- No ads
- Domain name customization
- Increase mailbox storage and OneDrive storage
- Message encryption
Microsoft Premium Plans and Pricing
- Microsoft 365 Personal – $59.99/year
- Microsoft 365 Family – $79.99/year
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic – $5/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard – $12.50/month
- Business Premium – $20/month
Outlook.com Sign in and App Download
Download the Outlook.com app to enjoy webmail services. Compile all your contacts and calendar in one convenient spot.
Also, the Outlook app is available for mobile and PCs.