Also, see where to apply for the visa to avoid falling prey to false websites that claim to issue visas to individuals.
Check out how you can get the free visa below.
Free Schengen Visa Application
A Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows a person to travel within the Schengen area’s member countries. The Schengen visa permits the holder to stay for up to 90 days in the Schengen area. There are no border controls in the Schengen area. As a result, a Schengen visa holder can travel freely between Schengen member countries.
While some categories and nationals of nations are granted visa-free entry to the Schengen Area, others must go through the lengthy process of satisfying requirements and undergoing interviews to receive a visa that allows them to enter the Schengen Area.
Countries of the Schengen Area
Internal borders were removed in the Schengen countries to allow for unrestricted movement of persons, following standard regulations for monitoring external borders and combating criminality through strengthened judicial and police cooperation.
26 countries make up the Schengen Area, they include:
- Czech Republic
- Sweden and
Free Schengen Visa Requirements
Applicants who wish to apply for the Schengen visa online must submit certain papers as part of the visa application process. These documents aid in determining whether or not they are qualified for the visa.
Below is the list of documents requires
- A visa application form: The applicant must fill the form and sign it.
- A Valid passport: The passport should be no more than ten years old and valid for at least three months beyond the day you want to exit the Schengen area.
- The applicant must provide proof of the payment of the visa.
- Proof of accommodation: The applicant must provide a document showing where they will stay for 90 days.
- The applicant must provide two recently taken photos. These two photos must be taken within the previous three months.
- Proof of financial means: Applicants must show that they have enough money to sustain themselves during their stay period. They can provide one of the following:
- A bank statement no older than three months
- Sponsorship letter showing that someone will fully pay for their stay in Iceland. For this letter to be valid, it must contain the bank statement of their sponsor. Also, no older than three months.
- Also, they can submit a combination of both.
- Travel insurance policy: A document demonstrating that you have travel health insurance for the entire Schengen area, with a minimum coverage of €30,000 in case of medical emergencies such as sickness, accidents, or even death repatriation. Applicants can easily purchase their travel insurance policy online from AXA Schengen or Europ Assistance.
- Round trip reservation: The round trip reservation must contain dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area.
How Much Does the Schengen Visa Cost?
The candidate must pay a fee to qualify for the Schengen visa offers. This money is non-refundable, which means that if there is a denial of the visa, the applicant will not receive a refund.
The cost of a Schengen visa varies depending on the type of visa and the applicant’s age. Check out the visa category below.
- Children under the age of 6 – Free
- Children (6 – 12 years) – €40
- Adult – €80
- Nationals from Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Russia – €35
- Students and teachers on a school trip – Free
- Individuals traveling for official purposes with a diplomatic, an official, or service passport – Free
- A relative of an EU/EEA national – Free
- Researchers traveling for scientific research – Free
How to Apply for Free Schengen Visa Online
For the Schengen visa online application, follow the instructions below.
Firstly, you must first decide the type of visa you require to apply for an Iceland visa lottery. The primary consideration should be the goal of your trip.
Then decide where you’ll apply for the visa. You can apply at either the Iceland Embassy or one of the country’s consulates. There are other additional places where you can apply, but these two are the most popular.
Afterward, download the application form and fill it with your personal information and other requested details in the form. Make sure the details you entered in the form are accurate.
Then, gather the requested documents discussed above. Make sure that they are complete. Get the missing documents before the scheduled submission date.
Lastly, attend the visa interview. Pay the necessary fee according to the type of visa you applied for. Then wait for the correspondence to your visa application.