If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and you want to visit Sweden, you need a visa. See how you can qualify for the Swedish visa lottery program 2021 and 2022. Follow the steps below for the Sweden visa lottery online application.
Also, if you intend to stay in Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visitor’s residence permit. Check out the eligibility and requirements to apply for visitor’s residence and workers’ permit below.
Sweden Visa Lottery Application
If you want to travel and explore the beautiful land of Sweden, you need a visa. Luckily, for individuals who wish to visit the country, everything is now made easy. With the Schengen visa, you can explore Sweden and other member countries of the Schengen Area.
A Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows a person to travel within the Schengen area’s member countries. The Schengen visa permits the holder to stay for up to 90 days in the Schengen area. There are no border controls in the Schengen area. As a result, a Schengen visa holder can travel freely between Schengen member countries.
While some categories and nationals of nations are granted visa-free entry to the Schengen Area, others must undergo the lengthy process of satisfying requirements and undergoing interviews to receive a visa that allows them to enter the Schengen Area.
For details about the Schengen visa application, check here.
Countries of the Schengen Area
Internal borders were removed in the Schengen countries to allow for unrestricted movement of persons, following standard regulations for monitoring external borders and combating criminality through strengthened judicial and police cooperation.
26 countries make up the Schengen Area, they include:
- Czech Republic
- Sweden and
Sweden Visa Lottery Application Guide
To apply for the Sweden visa lottery, follow the instructions below.
To apply for the Sweden visa lottery, you must first identify what type of visa you require. The fundamental factor to consider is the purpose of your journey.
Then pick where you’ll submit your visa application. You can apply at one of Iceland’s consulates or at the country’s embassy. There are a few other venues where you can apply, but these are the most common.
After that, download the application form and fill it out with your personal information and any additional information requested. Check that the information you entered is correct.
Then assemble the above-mentioned requested documents. Check to see whether they’re all there. Obtain the missing documents before the deadline for submission.
Finally, go to the visa interview. Pay the appropriate fee for the type of visa you’ve applied for. Then wait for your visa application’s correspondence.
Visitor’s Residence Permit Application Requirements
If you intend to stay in Sweden for more than 90 days, then you need to apply for a visitor’s residence permit. Remember, the Schengen visa allows you to stay for only 90 days.
Check out the requirements below that will qualify you for a visitor’s residence permit.
- A valid passport. No less than three months after your visa is expired. Also, it should have at least two blank pages.
- You must have a photograph no older than six months. Note: for the photo to be valid, you must be facing the camera.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the person they want to visit.
- They must have travel insurance that can cover all emergencies that may arise during their stay.
- Applicants should have money that can support them and pay for their return. The person who invited you can also pay for it.
- You must have a round trip reservation or itinerary.
Workers Permit Application Requirements
The basic restriction is that you must apply for a work visa and have it granted before entering Sweden. When you apply online, you will be given detailed instructions on how to fill out your application and what you should include with it. This makes it easier for you to complete your application correctly and increases your chances of receiving a prompt response.
Below are the basic requirements:
- Your employment offer.
- Your employer will need to initiate the employment. Provide this information to your employer: your name, date of birth, citizenship, education, and email address.
- You will provide an email from your employer detailing how to apply for the work permit.
- Attach these documents: passport with your personal information, photo, signature, passport number, passport issuing nation, passport validity period, bar code on the identity page, and whether you have the authorization to live in countries other than your home country.
Countries Offering Visa Lottery
- Australia Visa Lottery 2021 & 2022: Free Visa Online Application
- Schengen Visa Online Application 2021- Free Europe Stay
- Iceland Visa Lottery 2021: Apply for Schengen Visa Online
- Apply for Diversity Visa lottery 2021: Eligibility and Application
- Apply for Canada Visa Lottery 2021: All You Need to Know