Upgrade to the new Windows 11 OS and enjoy a fast and better computing experience. Maximize your productivity with the latest perks on the latest Windows 11. The new version has modifications to better your lifestyle, work-life, gaming experience, and other areas. Download Windows 11 for free on the listed websites below.
Also, check out the system requirements to download Windows 11 versions.
Below is a rundown of the Windows 11 OS.
Windows 11 Review
Windows 11, developed by Microsoft, is the latest version of the Windows NT operating system. This latest version is scheduled for release on October 5. After the release, some suitable Windows 10 devices may receive a free update to Windows 11 via Windows Update.
Windows 11 Release Date
The new Windows 11 version is scheduled for release on Tuesday, October 5, 2021. Microsoft announced this release date on August 31, 2021.
Also, Windows 11 release will come in phases. The later version will be released in 2022. This succeeding version will come with an upgrade to the first version.
Windows 11 Features
Microsoft added some amazing perks for users to enjoy. This improvement is to increase ease of use on computers. Now, with the new Windows 11 version, users can easily do anything with much flexibility.
Check out the new and upgraded features of Windows 11.
Windows 11 improves on its predecessor by redesigning the user interface to adhere to Microsoft’s new Fluent Design standards. This upgrade comes with new productivity and social features. Also, it has security and accessibility improvements, correcting some of Windows 10’s flaws.
Microsoft store comes with a new upgrade in Windows 11. Along with the traditional Universal Windows Platform programs, Microsoft now allows developers to distribute Win32, progressive web applications, and other packaging technologies through the Microsoft Store.
Other new features include:
- Smaller update sizes, faster web browsing in “any browser,” faster wake time from sleep mode, and faster Windows Hello login
- Windows 11 will not include or support Internet Explorer.
New UI Features
- The taskbar is permanently pinned to the screen’s bottom edge. Users can’t move it to the top, left, or right.
- The new “Widgets” button brings up a Microsoft Start panel.
- In Windows 11, by default, the taskbar buttons are center-aligned.
- The “Task view” feature now comes with two additional features: snap layout and snap group.
- The start menu comes with a redesign too.
- Other system modifications include new system icons, animations, sounds, and widgets.
Android Installation on Windows
Windows 11 will allow users to install and run Android apps onto their device using the new Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). However, this upgrade will not come with the first release. The subsystem for Android will come with the 2022 release of Windows 11.
Also, to access this feature, you will need a Microsoft account, an Amazon account, and a one-time install for the Windows Amazon Appstore client.
Further, when Microsoft adds this feature, users can install Android apps using the Android application package (APK) file format.
Windows 11 System Requirements
The system requirements for Windows 11 are notably different from those for Windows 10.
Below are the requirements.
- Processor: 64-bits compatible processor with at least 1 GHz clock rate and at least two cores
- Memory: 4GB (minimum)
- Storage space: 64GB (minimum)
- Security: Secure Boot (enabled by default), Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Display: HD (720p) display, that is greater than nine inches diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
- System firmware: UEFI
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver compatible
- To complete the first-time setup on Windows 11 Home, you’ll need an internet connection and a Microsoft account.
Download Windows 11 for Free
After the Windows 11 release date, users can upgrade their system to Windows 11. Fortunately, they can download it for free.
Microsoft made this upgrade for all users. So, you get to enjoy easy task completion with the Windows 11 upgrade. Also, experience enhanced ease of use and flexibility.
Where Can I Download Windows 11 for Free
Users can go to Microsoft’s official website to upgrade to Windows 11. Note: this upgrade is free of charge.
Also, users who don’t want to download from Microsoft can get Windows 11 on third-party websites. However, users should beware of these websites to avoid viruses and malware.